Wednesday, December 06, 2006



If you don't know by now, let me go ahead and tell you. I enjoy playing video games. The other day Leeper made me question this. He said he just couldn't understand how we could sit down and play crazy hours of these games. I was shocked to say the least. When I thought about this some more, I compared it to animation. How you can sit down and spend hours on hours drawing or animating for just a few seconds of film. Seeing your life go by your eyes, lititerly. But really its not that far off from what I've been doing my whole life. I have beaten so many video games I can't even fathum the number. But what do I really have to show for it. Am I smarter, can I attractive the oppisite sex better, did it change the way I view the world I view in? The answer to these question I guess would be yes and no.

I have learned many things from video games from history all the way to how to lie to girls. I would have to say what I get out of them is a great story and an experience unlike no other. In Matt's prentation he listed all the reasons why guys play video games. Then why do girls? Is it for the same reasons?

The image of this blog is video gaem equals books. I put that because I trully believe that the great games either have same crazy fun game play with outstanding replay value and graphics and a great story. I see video games and people see great novels or books or articles. I just read it differently.

1 Comments:

Blogger Donnie_Darko said...

preach it, i actually won an argument with my mother this summer b4 going away to college, she was concerned with me playing too much video games, i find nothing wrong with it, i convinced her that video games were they same thing as a book worm nerd reading for hours (no offense, i'm a nerd too). and i won the argument, owned. nuff said.

11:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home